It’s not the online multiplayer revolution we were hoping for, but the latest update to Gran Turismo 7 includes several key improvements.
Here it is, the first post-release update patch for Gran Turismo 7. It adds new Music Replay jams, fixes the “Rain Royalty” trophy, and fixes several smaller bugs.
As we reported yesterday (March 9, 2022), there has been a period of server maintenance, which has resulted in a new patch. Live right now, “version 1,060,000” is 916MB on PlayStation 5, while “version 1.06” is 1,046GB on PlayStation 4.
Music Playback Extension
In Gran Turismo 7, if you select “Music Replay” instead of the standard “Replay”, you are treated to a camera angle that changes to the beat.
It’s fun if a bit superfluous and sometimes the exciting shots showcase an empty wall or track. This feature has now been expanded with version 1.06, with 64 gargantuan new music tracks added to the algorithm so we can sit back and watch the sleek action accompanied by some pumping tunes.
This shouldn’t be confused with ‘Music Rally’ – there are still six of these events to play and the menu still says more are ‘coming soon’.
It’s all about the Bugatti, Bugatti hmm, Ducati, Ducati – apparently.
Circuit Experience license testing and fixes
Since launch, precisely 0.0% of players have been able to win the Rain Royalty Trophy. Turns out that was a problem.
Now, thanks to the Gran Turismo 7 version 1.06 update, simply completing all license tests that feature wet weather, in all five categories, up to Bronze level or above will now unlock this trophy.
This means that, while no small feat, the platinum trophy is theoretically obtainable.
One of the toughest license tests is “Super License S-7 One Lap Time Attack”, where you must complete a fast lap of WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca in the Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Honda ’19. During the review period, the “Overtake” boost car feature was not available, then when the game was released, you could use the boost to set a fast time.
Now this feature has been removed from the test once again and as a result all leaderboard times have been reset. If you already have the Gold result, you will keep it, but you will fall asleep at night knowing that you have made it with ease…
There was also an error when completing Circuit Experience Sector 2 for the Streets of Willow Springs site, where the Bronze target time did not trigger. This has also been corrected.
You can now check the wind speed
Following the addition of weather radar to the on-screen HUD in Gran Turismo 7 – which is only really useful in long custom races with changing weather conditions – you can now also check direction and speed the wind.
A highly requested feature, you can view this information just below the piste map. An arrow indicates the direction and the number highlights the speed.
Online progression and lobby fixes
While no member of the Traxion.GG team has experienced any issues progressing through the Café menu books, some players have reported issues. Game developer Polyphony Digital classifies this as “very rare”, but where advancements were previously unrecognized, this should now be changed.
Fixed the weird error when Brand Central dealerships showing an invite when you don’t have or need one.
One thing we encountered, however, is that the driver assistance settings have a mind of their own when joining online lobbies. Sometimes the full range of active stability management, countersteering assist and braking zone display would activate on their own. This has now been rectified, thankfully.
Unfortunately, you still can’t change the online lobby settings once it’s open, which is still restrictive in its current format. A third daily race in sports mode will be added on Monday, March 14 and for now Race A and Race B remain in their current formats.
There’s also a brief note about fixing “a weather issue for all race events” and “various other issues have been resolved” – which are generally not specific, so let us know in the comments below. below if you’ve spotted any other changes.
The full changelog for the patch is listed below and we’ll be back very soon with more guides, tips & tricks, and update news for Gran Turismo 7.
Gran Turismo 7 Version 1.060.000 PS4 and PS5 Update Changelog
Main features implemented
1. Race Display
– Added wind direction and speed indicators. An arrow (wind direction) and number (wind speed) will be displayed at the top right of the screen below the track map.
2. Music playback
– Added 64 music tracks.
Other improvements and adjustments
1. Progress blockages and application errors
– Fixed a very rare issue where progress made on a menu book was not being recognized and preventing players from continuing their game;
– Fixed an issue where an application error would occur when using PlayStation®4 system broadcast features;
– Fixed an issue where an Application Error would occur when ‘Shoot’ was selected in ‘Race Photo’ when viewing a replay in 4K on the PlayStation®4 Pro system and with the aspect ratio set to 16 :9;
– Fixed an issue where an application error would occur when ‘License Plate’ was selected in ‘GT Auto’ under [Car Customisation] > [Other]while progressing through Menu Book #20, “Show Your Custom Wing”.
2. World Circuits
– Fixed an issue where the actual time of day in a “Custom Race” of some tracks did not match the selection made in [Time / Weather Settings] > [Timeframe];
– Fixed an issue with the Sector 2 Bronze target time in “Circuit Experience” of the “Willow Springs Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs” track that made the Bronze award unachievable;
– Fixed an issue where it was possible to choose cars without dirt tires installed from the [Settings] > [Change Car] the Quick Menu during a ‘Time Trial’ and a ‘Drift Trial’ on Dirt tracks;
– Fixed weather issue for all racing events;
– The overtaking function for the Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Honda ’19 has been disabled in the license test ‘S-7’ (One Lap Time Attack) in the ‘License’ pavilion. (Leaderboards have been reset.)
3. Automatic GT
– Fixed an issue where the racing suit was not showing in “Driving Gear” under certain conditions;
– Removed “Duplicate to Opposite Side” and “Duplicate Symmetrically” menu items from left and right arm “Layer Controls” when editing Racing Suit Livery;
– Fixed an issue where job results were not applied in ‘Car Maintenance & Service’ if the job was selected by moving the cursor with the left stick.
4. Car Parameters
– Fixed an issue where the settings sheet became empty and the content of the settings could not be saved. With this fix, blank adjustment sheets will remain but you can delete them normally. This will also fix progress blockers encountered when menu book tasks involved car settings;
– Fixed an issue where a car would revert to its stock wheels if the tuning sheet was changed while a non-standard wheel was fitted;
– Fixed an issue where “Maximum Speed (automatically set)” would not adjust correctly when a fully customizable transmission was installed;
– Fixed an issue where the speeds displayed under the rotation Gs were incorrect;
– Fixed an issue where adding a new tuning sheet for a car where the engine was swapped would not pass this information on the new sheets. Engine swapping will now be applied to all settings sheets.
5. Showcase and my page
– Fixed an issue in ‘Showcase’ where the 2nd page and beyond would not display correctly if the number of items in ‘My Items’ and ‘Collection’ exceeded 100;
– Fixed an issue in “Gallery” where the 2nd page and beyond would not display correctly if the number of items in “My Page” exceeded 100 items.
6. Brand Center
– Fixed an issue where an invite icon would appear in the maker’s “Showroom” even when the player did not have an invite.
– Fixed an issue where replays and demo replays would not play to completion.
– Fixed an issue where “Assist Settings” would reset after joining a location and leaving without entering a race;
– Fixed an issue where the weather and time set by the host were not reflecting correctly for other players in the room.
– Changed the “Flash and Toggle High/Low Beams” function assigned to the default button of the DUALSHOCK®4 and DualSense™ wireless controllers to “Flash High Beams”. If the button was previously remapped, selecting “Restore Defaults” will apply the change;
– Fixed an issue where the BGM would not play during Music Replay if the [Sound Volume] > [Menu BGM] the volume level has been set to 0;
– Fixed an issue where exposure value changes in “Exposure and Saturation” settings made when first starting the game were not reflected in the preview screen.
10. Steering Controller
– Fixed an issue where the Thrustmaster TH8A shifter did not work properly when connected to USB. Please note that the PlayStation®5 console is not compatible with this USB connection. The shifter can be used by connecting it directly to the base of the steering wheel using a “DIN to DIN” cable.
– Fixed an issue where clearing all license tests on wet surfaces would not award the “Rain Royalty” bronze trophy. Players who have already passed the relevant tests can acquire the trophy by clearing the tests again;
– The race demo displayed during automatic demos has been replaced by a musical replay;
– Various other issues have been fixed.