batyr is a goal-oriented mental health prevention organization, created and run by young people, for young people. We run programs that help break the stigma around mental health and empower young people to ask for help. We help build supportive communities.
We are an energetic, fun and dynamic team who are passionate about changing the way we talk about mental health. Excitingly, we are looking to build our team with even more passionate, skilled and motivated people to continue to develop our high performance culture and extend the reach and impact of batyr. If you want a workplace where you can bring all of your full, weird, and wonderful self to the office every day, this is the place.
WORKING WITH US
At batyr we care deeply about those we welcome into our work family and do our best to support our team. We do this by:
- provide all permanent staff with a wellness budget that you can use on a gym membership, a new surfboard, pottery lessons, music lessons, a spa treatment, a new bookâ¦ almost everything you need to feel good
- provide wellness sessions and ongoing professional development, including accreditation of mental health first aid
- wellness leave – your personal leave should not only be for sick days, at batyr you can also use this leave to support your mental health and well-being
- mid-year and start-of-year retreats
- flexible working arrangements
- salary package up to $ 15,900 per year – because we are a non-profit organization, you can choose to receive a portion of your salary as reimbursement for personal expenses, with no income tax payable on that money
- a bring your own device policy, with refunds for using your own phone and computer
batyr is committed to providing a safe, culturally appropriate and inclusive environment for all people, regardless of their ethnicity, faith, disability, sexuality or gender identity. We believe that everyone’s voice is valid and worth hearing and for this reason, we strongly encourage people from all walks of life to apply, especially those from minority or marginalized communities.
You are passionate about goal-oriented work and use your skills to make a difference. Being someone who understands youth and youth culture, you know how to best reach them and connect in an online world. You are a team player and are always ready to help others and throw your hat in the ring, however, you also thrive when working on your own. You are a versatile person and full of ideas, always thinking of new or different ways of doing things and involving our donors and our community.
You have absolute meaning with words and you always captivate your readers! You are at the forefront with all the latest social media trends and up to date with the world of fundraising. Not only are you creative, but you are also extremely organized, love a good spreadsheet, and use the data to analyze our audience and make decisions. You come to all situations with empathy for others and are extremely passionate about creating positive change for young people in Australia.
Like all our employees, you will have an active interest in combating the stigmatization of young people around mental health and are aligned with the five values ââof batyr; empathy, inclusiveness, balance, positivity and daring.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Marketing and Fundraising Coordinator will help with the implementation of the batyr marketing and fundraising strategy across all platforms and channels. The role will work closely with the team through a variety of projects and tasks. This includes donor engagement, digital content delivery and reporting, EDM development and execution, community and social media channel management, campaign administration and coordination, as well as coordinating digital business, data and analytics projects; and supporting other marketing and fundraising initiatives. as requested.
With a strong sense of branding and storytelling, you will always ensure that batyr is portrayed and communicated according to our guidelines and values. The position requires exceptional time management, creativity and a passion to increase the impact and exposure of batyr.
The Marketing and Fundraising Coordinator will report directly to the Sydney-based Digital Marketing Manager.
- Management, administration and donor engagement, ensuring that our supporters feel valued for their contribution to batyr
- Campaign coordination and administration, including working with external vendors
- Writing for EDMs, press releases, newsletters and social networks
- Establishment of EDM courses for fundraising campaigns
- Support for the maintenance and implementation of a content calendar for all social media platforms
- Monitor social media platforms; including moderation, responding to comments and escalating any areas of concern
- Collection and communication of data on different donors and social platforms
- Assist in the ordering, inventory and distribution of promotional material and merchandise
- General administrative support for the entire Marketing & Fundraising team
ESSENTIAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Ability to think and creatively solve problems
- Excellent writing skills; with the ability to write for diverse audiences
- Highly organized, with an ability to coordinate tasks and identify priorities in daily work
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written
- Creative flame and sense of design
- Active interest in breaking the stigma surrounding mental health, and empowering and supporting youth
DESIRABLE SELECTION CRITERIA
- 2+ years in a fundraising or non-profit organization role
- Relevant higher diplomas
- Experience with Salesforce, social media and planning platforms
HOW TO REGISTER
Please send your cover letter with the essential selection criteria and your CV to [email protected] by 9 a.m. on Monday, October 18, with the job title and where you saw this ad in the subject line.
batyr is a safe and inclusive workplace. People from minority or marginalized communities are particularly encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, people with lived experience of mental illness, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, LGBTQIA + people, and people with disabilities.