batyr is a preventative mental health organization “on purpose”, created and led by young people, for young people. We run programs that help break the stigma around mental health and empower young people to seek help. We help create supportive communities.
We are an energetic, fun and dynamic team who are passionate about changing the way we talk about mental health. Excitingly, we are looking to build our team with even more passionate, skilled and motivated people to continue to grow our high performance culture and expand batyr’s reach and impact. If you want a workplace where you can bring your full, weird, and wonderful self to the office every day, this is the place.
work with us
At batyr, we care deeply about those we welcome to our team and do our best to support everyone. We do this by:
- provide all permanent staff with a wellness budget that you can use for a gym membership, a new surfboard, pottery lessons, music lessons, a spa treatment, a new book… almost everything you need to help you feel good
- offering wellness sessions and continuing professional development, including Mental Health First Aid certification
- wellness leave – your personal leave doesn’t just have to be for sick days, at batyr you can also use this leave to support your mental health and wellbeing
- mid-year and beginning of year retreats
- flexible working arrangements
- 3 weeks of paid parental leave + other rights
- salary package up to $15,900 per year – because we are a non-profit organization, you can choose to receive a portion of your salary as reimbursement for personal expenses, with no income tax payable on this money
- a bring your own device policy, with reimbursements for the use of your own phone and computer
batyr is committed to providing a safe, culturally appropriate and inclusive environment for all people, regardless of ethnicity, religion, disability, sexuality or gender identity. We believe that everyone’s voice is valid and worthy of being heard and that is why we strongly encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, especially those from minority or marginalized communities.
Above all, you are an excellent communicator and you thrive on connecting with others. You are on top of current trends in the marketing landscape and the prospect of being creative with a team of passionate people excites you. You get great satisfaction finding ways to streamline workflows and improve efficiency. Creating processes fills you with joy and you like to leave things in a clearer state than when you found them. You are a supportive leader as well as a team player and are always there to get involved in day-to-day marketing operations when needed. Celebrating wins with your teams and learning from things that didn’t go as well as expected is important to you.
As with all of our employees, you take an active interest in tackling youth mental health stigma and are aligned with batyr’s five values; empathy, inclusivity, balance, positivity and boldness.
The Marketing and Brand Manager is a key part of the Marketing and Fundraising team and will be responsible for overseeing all marketing activities including website, social media, EDM and media opportunities to ensure that batyr’s brand message is impactful and consistent across all channels.
This role will work closely with the Head of Marketing and Brand to create a marketing and brand strategy that will help batyr grow its presence and make its mark in the national mental health landscape. Working collaboratively within the organization is key to maximizing marketing and branding opportunities for batyr. Reporting on marketing activity and using learnings to improve performance will ensure success in this role.
The Marketing & Brand Manager will report directly to the Creative Content Designer and the Marketing & Fundraising Coordinator. The Marketing & Brand Manager will report directly to the Head of Marketing & Brand based in Sydney.
All candidates will be required to hold a working with children check and a police check, or be willing to obtain them within one (1) month of the start of the position.
- Support the Head of Marketing and Brand and Director of Marketing and Fundraising to develop an effective marketing and brand strategy that aligns with the broader organizational strategy
- Support, assess and identify opportunities and solutions to increase brand awareness and play a key role in ensuring that batyr becomes an understood, recognized, relevant and engaging brand.
- Oversee all marketing communications including website, organic and paid social media, email, media and display advertising.
- Oversee the production of marketing assets by supporting ideation, developing effective briefs and giving feedback to ensure high quality results.
- Help create new processes to manage multiple projects and promote effective collaboration between departments and the Marketing and Fundraising team to drive positive business growth.
- Support the Creative Content Designer Lead and Marketing and Fundraising Coordinator and provide learning and development opportunities.
- Work within a creative and values-driven team to promote batyr’s core mission and vision and actively contribute to team culture.
Essential selection criteria
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a marketing/brand focused role.
- Demonstrable experience delivering brand and communications strategies, as well as campaigns and content for diverse audiences, across a variety of channels including EDM, social media, digital and consumer media.
- Ability to manage team members and collaborate within a small team, as well as work independently.
- Very organized with exceptional attention to detail.
- Exceptional communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build strong relationships internally and forever.
- Experience using Adobe Suite, Canva, Campaign Monitor (or similar email marketing platforms), WordPress, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager and other digital systems.
Desirable selection criteria
- A good understanding of the mental health space, including appropriate use of language
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector, particularly working with or as part of a fundraising team
- Experience with Salesforce and Raisely (or similar fundraising platforms)
- Team management experience
- Current driver’s license
How to register
Please send your cover letter detailing the essential selection criteria and your CV to [email protected] en 9 a.m. Monday August 1with the job title and where you saw this ad in the subject line.
batyr is a safe and inclusive workplace. People from minority or marginalized communities are particularly encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, people with lived experience of mental illness, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities.